This Saturday, Los Pumas take on The Lelos. Argentina, ranked 9th will play against Georgia, ranked 12th. Tomas Lavanini is out of the tournament with an eye injury and Guido Petti will take his place. He will be playing alongside Matias Alemanno in the second row. The trio were the only second-rowers in Hourcade’s current roster with Marcos Kremer playing the Junior World Cup instead. In this Argentina vs Georgia rugby preview, we will cover Argentina vs Georgia Head to Head, calculate the win percentage and also tell you about channels that you can watch the match on around the world.

 

Argentina come in with a 2-0 series defeat to an English side that weren’t playing with a large number of their regular starters. They were slight favourites in both the games they lost but now do not have anything to show for it. Georgia, on the other hand come into the series after playing in North America and having defeated both Canada and the USA. While they have not been a match against Argentina in any of their previous 4 outings, this time things might be a bit different. The odds favour Argentina though. The betting odds are yet to come out. While they have not been a match against Argentina in any of their previous 4 outings, this time things might be a bit different. The odds favour Argentina though. The betting odds are yet to come out.

 

Argentina and Georgia have met only four times in the past – thrice in the Rugby World Cup and once in an International. Argentina have won all four of these matches and the scores are as follow:

 

2015 RWC Gloucester Argentina 54-9 Georgia (Tries 7-0)

2013 INT San Juan Argentina 29-18 Georgia (Tries 1-0)

2011 RWC Palmerston North Argentina 25-7 Georgia (Tries 3-1)

2007 RWC Lyon Argentina 33-3 Georgia (Tries 4-0)

 

Considering the past record and giving equal weightage to head-to-head, form and team, Argentina have a 66.67% chance of winning while Georgia has a 33.33% chance of winning.

 

The match is to be played at San Salvador de Juruy at 16:15 local time and 19:15 GMT. The match is being broadcast live on Eurosport (UK, 20:15 local time), Supersport 1 and CSN (South Africa, 21:00 local time), Eurosport (Australia, 05:15 on 25th June), and on ESPN (USA, 12:15 PT).

 

The last ime Argentina played Georgia was in the 2015 Rugby World Cup. Argentina dominated the entire game except for 10 minutes in between. Imhoff and Cortero were very speedy in the wings. Isa was great as No8 and Lavanini, who will be missing this match was very good in the second row. Georgia relied too much on their captain Gorgodze and quickly ran out of steam in the second half. At full time the score was Argentina 54 – 9 Georgia. Argentina had 7 tries and Georgia, none. This was reflective of past performances. This year, there is an Argentina that has won only one game out of the last 10 and playing without Lavanini. Georgia on the other hand, are in great form and have not changed their roster. While Argentina remain the favourites, the scores are expected to be closer than the 54 – 9. It will be a great game between Los Pumas and The Lelos

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *