The Azzuris will welcome the Wallabies to the Stadio Euganeo for an autumn test match on the 17th of November 2018. The host will be underdogs coming into this match with the Aussies being clear favorites, but that’s on paper. The Australia Wallabies last defeated the Italy Rugby in the mid-year test of 2017. Foley and Hodge’s try lifted up them in the game and register the consecutive victory against Italy. Can Italy claim a win for the first time or Wallabies keep the winning consistency? Here’s Australia vs Italy Rugby 2018 Autumn Test Preview, Prediction.
Wallabies at Azzurri Autumn Internationals Schedule, Kickoff Time, How to Watch Live Streaming
Both sides will meet for the 18th time at the end of year rugby test 2018. Let’s have a look at below the schedule in details.
- What: Australia vs Italy Rugby 2018 Autumn Test
- When: Saturday, November 17, 2018
- Where: Stadio Euganeo, Padua, Italy
- Kickoff: 14:00 GMT
- Referee: Pascal Gauzere (France)
- Assistant Referees: Andrew Brace (Ireland), Mike Adamson (Scotland)
- Television Match Official (TMO): Simon McDowell (Ireland)
- How to Watch: Premier Sports
How was the Italy Rugby Last Game (25-22)?
In their previous match, the Italians were 25-22 victors over Japan on the road in their final June test match. Italy and Japan both scored three tries each with two conversions. However, Japan scored one penalty while Italy Rugby scored two and it proved to be the difference in the game. The Azzurri were to get off their mark as they scored tries via Benvenuti, Ghiraldini, and Polledri in the opening half. Japan tried to stage a comeback and they scored tries via Tupou, Mafi, and Matsushima in the 2nd half. However, Allan’s two penalty conversions for the Italians were enough to earn a win for the Italians.
Italy Rugby Player Replacements
The Italian team has seen fresh faces into the squad. They include R. Giammarioli, G. Licata, and I. McKinley. It also includes J. Hayward and Lazzaroni. Some of the players that will miss out due to injuries are Gega, Allan, Campagnaro, and Quaglio.
Key Players for Australia vs Italy Rugby 2018 Autumn Test
- Italy: The Italians will be looking for inspiration from their captain S. Parisse when they face the southern hemisphere Giants in this November test.
- Australia: Against the Italians, Pocock, Haylett-Petty, and Folau will be looking to lead from the front as they strive to put the Wallabies in the right track ahead of the forthcoming Rugby World Cup.
Wallabies Rugby Previous Match (34-45)
In their previous game, the Aussies earned a hard-fought comeback win over Argentina by 34-45. The Argies completed a dominant first half as they recorded tries via Bofelli, Matera, Iglesias, and Orlando. However, the Wallabies had different plans for the 2nd half as they staged a successful comeback by tries that were scored via Hooper, Folau, Rodda, Pocock, and two tries by Haylett-Petty. In addition to that, Foley scored all the six conversions while he also put another penalty over to ensure that the fightback was complete.
Australia Rugby Player Replacements
The Wallabies squad for the autumn tests will feature new faces that didn’t take part in the Rugby Championship. J. Gordon, Holloway, and A. Cottrell have been added to the fray as part of the Australian Contingent. Also coming into the squad are Kerevi and Dempsey who make a return after missing the championship due to injuries.
Australia vs Italy Rugby 2018 Autumn Test Prediction
These two teams have played a total of fifteen matches with the Aussies winning all of these matches. The most recent match was a 40-27 humbling of the Azzurri by the Wallabies. In this game, the Wallabies scored early and got a 15-point lead before they lost concentration and the Italians scored quick tries to cut the deficit to only a single point. However, the Aussies got back into the game and scored tries through Foley and Hodge to ensure that they avoided a major scare. With their star performers in the June tests out, the Italian side will find it harder to oust their nemesis. On the other hand, Australia will be looking to avoid a repeat of the incidences when these two sides and extend their dominance over the Italians.
Prediction: Italy 19-41 Australia.
Read More News
- skysports.com: Italy call up Johan Meyer and Jimmy Tuivaiti for autumn internationals
- rugby.com.au: November Tests 2018: Everything you need to know; squads, times, fixtures
- sixnationsrugby.com: ITALY’S HALF-BACK OPTIONS FOR AUTUMN INTERNATIONALS