The Irish side will face the Los Pumas Argentina Rugby but in the back of their mind, they’ll have “Bigger Fish to Fry” as they hope to oust the All Blacks as the World No. 1. After finishing off the journey of the Chicago against Italy (See Preview), the Irish lad will take the Pumas in Dublin in 2018 Autumn Internationals Week 2 game. Here we come up with Ireland v Argentina Rugby 2018 Autumn Test preview and score prediction.
Argentina at Irish Rugby Schedule, Kickoff Time, online Live Where To Watch
Both Los Pumas and Irish Rugby will meet for the kickoff in this Saturday for the 18th time. Furthermore, both sides will also meet for the first and last time in this year’s clash of Autumn Test. Let’s have a look at the schedule
- What: Ireland v Argentina Rugby 2018 Live Autumn Test
- When: Saturday, 10th November 2018
- Where: Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland
- Kickoff: 18:30 GMT
- Where To Watch: Channel 4 and RTÉ
- Referee: Nic Berry (Australia)
- Assistant Referees: Angus Gardner (Australia), Ludovic Cayre (France)
- Television Match Official (TMO): David Grashoff (England)
Irish Rugby Previous Outing (20-16)
In their most recent match, Ireland were 20-16 winners over the Australian Wallabies. Fans were only served with one try apiece for the whole encounter but Ireland was more clinical with the boot. Marika Koroibete crossed the line for the Wallabies while CJ Stander restored parity for Ireland. Foley converted and put three more penalties over for the Wallabies while Sexton scored five penalties in emphatic fashion to ensure victory for Ireland.
Ireland Rugby Player Replacements
Conor Murray will miss out due to injury. However, a good number key players will get the nod to face the Argies after being left out of the squad traveling to the Soldier Field. The Irish squad includes fresh faces in their ranks in the form of R. Byrne, W. Addison, and S. Arnold. The trio will be looking for their international debuts in this autumn test.
Argentina Rugby Last Matchup (34-45)
Tries from Hooper, Rodda, Folau, Pocock, and two from Haylett-petty which were duly converted in addition to an extra penalty subjected the Argies to a 34-45 loss at the hands of the Wallabies in their final game of the Rugby Championship. However, Argentina scored tries through Matera, Boffelli, Orlando, and G. Iglesias. Sanchez converted all the tries while Iglesias converted once and added two penalties but they were not enough as a late Aussie Charge won the game for the Visitors.
Are there any replacements in Los Pumas side?
Mario Ledesma has not made any changes to his side and the same side that participated in the Rugby Championship will most probably get the nod to face the Irish side.
🚨🚨 AHORA 🚨🚨
Los Pumas retoman mañana los entrenamientos de cara a la ventana de noviembre.
— Los Pumas (@lospumas) October 17, 2018
Both Sides Key Players To Watch
Below rookies can be considered as the focusing veterans of Ireland v Argentina Rugby 2018 Autumn Test.
- Argentina: Argentina will be looking to test themselves with the best and they will be counting on Sanchez and Boffelli the guide their side to victory. G. Iglesias has rediscovered his form and he will be worth watching when they face Ireland away from home.
- Ireland: Ireland Rugby will be looking for inspiration from players such as Furlong, and McGrath to spearhead their attack in this game. Equally important will be J. Ryan and J. Conan all of whom pry their trade with Leinster.
Ireland v Argentina Rugby 2018 Autumn Test Score Prediction
Ireland were 28-19 winners when these two sides last met. The Irish were quick off the mark and as a result, they went into the break with a 13-0 lead. The Irish side scored tries via Stockdale(2) and Stander with Sexton converting twice and adding three more penalties for Ireland. On the other hand, Argentina put a good performance in the second period and they were rewarded with tries by Tuculet, Leguizamon, and Moyano but they were not enough to alter the scoreline in their favor. Ireland is in very good form right now While Argentina is having a bit of a rollercoaster despite their ever-improving performances.
Prediction: Ireland 32-24 Argentina.
See Related News
- lospumas.com.ar: Together again, heading to Europe
- espn.in: November Tests predictions: Tier 1 team-by-team guide
- rugbystream.net: Ireland Rugby Fixtures 2018 TV Coverage Guide
- independent.ie: Confirmed: Ireland to face Argentina