The Six Nations Rugby championship is for sure the most prestigious rugby tournament in the northern hemisphere. Each and every rugby follower knows that the six nations teams form part of the best rugby national teams judging by their outstanding performances in previous international tournaments. Already the round one finished and the winner of the round one games are England, Wales, and Scotland Rugby. These teams keep their hope alive to win the Grand Slam. This article will, therefore, endeavor to provide Ireland vs Scotland Six Nations 2019 Rugby preview that scheduled to take place on 9th Feb and predict its possible outcome.
Ireland vs Scotland Six Nations 2019 Rugby Preview, Predictions
Scotland seems to be in high spirit after winning all three tests in the competitive autumn rugby series as well as recently qualifying for the European quarter-finals. The question is can they display the same spirit in the forthcoming six nations rugby championship tournament and more so against the fierce Ireland side currently the best rugby team in the world?
Judging by the current forms and past matches in regards to both teams, it’s very clear that Ireland is the better side. Regardless of Scotland’s home ground advantage, Ireland the Grand slam defending champions will for sure take home the win and most likely the score will be Ireland 26 – 16 Scotland.
Scotland Ireland Rugby 6 Nations 2019 Fixtures, Dates, Kickoff Times, What Channel is the Game On
These two teams have met 19 times since staged up of the Championships which started in the year 2000. Ireland has won in 15 of these meetings while Scotland has only managed to win 4 times specifically during 2001, 2010, 2013 and 2017 tournaments. Let’s check out Ireland vs Scotland Six Nations 2019 Rugby fixtures, tv schedule.
- What: Ireland v Scotland 2019 Six Nations
- When: Sat 9th Feb
- Where: BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Kickoff: 14:15 GMT
- Referee: Romain Poite (France)
- Assistant Referees: Pascal Gauzere (France), Federico Anselmi (Argentina)
- Television Match Official (TMO): Rowan Kitt (England)
- TV: BBC Sport, FR2, DMAX, NBC Sports
- Live Stream: Rugbystream.net
Scottish Rugby Previous Outings
Scotland most recent match was against Italy in the round one game. On the 2nd Feb Battle for glory, Scottish Rugby Union Team destroyed the Azzurri and start the year with a good memory. Gregor Townsend, Scottish Rugby coach, said, “We have obviously got to improve from today, but I was pleased with the way we managed the game”. Scotland ends the first half with five tries and a massive lead 33-3. The second half didn’t go too well to meet fans and Townsend’s expectation.
Irish Rugby Six Nations 2nd Feb Game
Well, the IRFU stumbled upon the last game against their rival England Rugby team. England won over Ireland by 32-20 with 4 tries of Jonny May, Elliot Daly, and Henry Slade. Eddie Jones, RFU coach stated, “We wanted Henry and Manu to try things, and they were both outstanding. Ireland are a good, well-drilled side, and we tried to play England rugby, with good attacking kicks. I thought Jonny May was outstanding, too”. The English coach was pleased to see the stunning performance in the ground to add points on the board and indeed snatch the game from the Irish.
Both Sides Key Players to Watch
Each side has some great players in their team for this Saturday face off. Let’s take a look at who will play the key role in their team in Ireland vs Scotland Six Nations 2019 Rugby 9th Feb showdown.
- Scotland: Grieg Laidlaw perceived many as the force behind Scotland’s recent success. Having recovered from an injury that kept him out of play for the better part of 2017. He was recently restored as the team’s captain after Barclay sustained an injury last season. He helped his team win against France after a frustrating defeat at Cardiff contributing 22 points in the match. This was a good reminder to his critics that he still is a good player. Hoping that he will display the same quality play in the upcoming 6 Nations Rugby tournament.
- Ireland: 22-year-old James Ryan has of late become a force to reckon with. Having played for the junior team and leading them to the junior world cup finals in 2018. He joined the senior division making his first appearance as a substitute when Ireland played against the USA in 2017. He has in recent times proved his worth and now forms part of Ireland’s first team.
Ireland v Scotland Rugby Results Head To Head
Fans have seen the Scottish Irish clash for 134 times so far. And they keen to be the witness of the 135th showdown in the Six Nations 2019 round two. Prior to the upcoming Saturday, Irish won 62 matches with 1525 points whereas the Scottish won 67 games with managing 1415 points. Ireland vs Scotland Six Nations 2019 Rugby will be the 69th game played in the Scottish soil after 2017.
Though Ireland loses their first game, they seem to be better off compared to Scotland. It’s therefore clear that Ireland has for the better part of this tournament triumphed over Scotland. But the game will be on Murrayfield, the home of Scotland where the Scottish perhaps play good rugby and try to defeat Ireland and claim a back to back win.
Read Related Articles