The Thistles will be looking to continue with their good form over the Pumas when these two sides meet at the BT Murrayfield in Edinburgh. Scotland Rugby will be looking to finish the test on a high against a side that they have beaten in their past four straight meetings. On the other hand, the Argies will be looking to make amends in the Autumn coming from a poor outing in the Rugby Championship earlier this year. Townsend is wary of the threat posed by the Argies. He will not be taking this game lightly while Ledesma will be hoping that his side improves defensively as they prepare for the 2019 Rugby World Cup. From you’ll learn more about Scotland vs Argentina Rugby 2018 Autumn Internationals Week 4 game preview and score predictions.
Scotland Argentina Rugby 2018 Kickoff Time, Schedule, Where To Watch
Los Pumas will face the Scottish Rugby for the 8th time at the soil of Scotland in this upcoming Saturday and 1st under the head coach Mario Ledesma. Let’s see the schedule in details.
- What: Scotland vs Argentina Rugby 2018 Autumn Internationals Week 4
- When: Saturday, 24th of November 2018
- Where: BT Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Kickoff: 14:30 GMT
- Where To Watch: BBC Sports, BT Sport
- Referee: Paul Williams (New Zealand)
- Assistant Referees: Nigel Owens (Wales), Dan Jones (Wales)
- Television Match Official (TMO): Olly Hodges (Ireland)
Scottish Rugby 3rd Nov Test (21-10)
In their opening match of the November Internationals, the Scots lost 21-10 to their Six Nations rivals Wales. The Scots made alterations to the scoreline only thrice through a Mclnally try, and a Hastings conversion as well as a penalty. On the other hand, the Welsh side breached the Scotish defense via North and Davies while Halfpenny converted once and added three penalties that proved to be the difference in that game.
Player Replacements for Scotland vs Argentina Rugby 2018 Saturday Clash
- Scottish: Scotish international full-back Stuart Hogg makes the squad after fears that he might miss due to an ankle surgery. Laidlaw and F. Rusell also have been recalled after missing the opening game of the November tests. Other players who come back into the squad include Maitland, M. Faggerson, P. Horne, F. Brown, and Gilchrist. Sam Skinner who made his debut vs Fiji might get another go against the Argies.
- The Pumas: Cubelli could start ahead of Bertranou again with Kremer being overlooked in favor of Alemanno. Pablo Matera will lead the side that also features Creevy Augustin, Medrano, and Garcia Botta. Guido Petti could start at the number 7 slot once more after featuring there in the test match against Ireland.
Both Sides Key Veterans
Both sides rookies are in a great agony of losing the week 1 and week 2 game of this tournament. Each side’s rookies will meet for the Saturday clash to play wonderful football to overcome the losing drought. See below the key layers for Scotland vs Argentina Rugby 2018 Autumn Test.
- Scotland: With Russell and Maitland bolstering their ranks, the Scots will be at their best when they face the Argies on the 24th. These two players combine very well to great effect when playing together and they will be worth watching at the BT Murrayfield.
- Argentina: Carlos Sanchez has been pulling strings for the Los Pumas Argentina Rugby and he will be key in this match. However, he will be relieved from all the pressure by Gonzalo Iglesias who has also regained his form in the recent matches. These two players are key for the Argies if they are to end their poor four-match losing streak at the hands of Scotland.
ARG Rugby Noteworthy Outings (34-45)
In their previous match, the Argies lost 34-45 in a high scoring encounter with the Wallabies Rugby. On that game, the Los Pumas Argentina Rugby scored tries via Boffeli, Matera, Gonzalo Iglesias, and Orlando. They were all duly converted by Sanchez and Iglesias himself. Iglesias added two more penalties for the Argies but they were not enough to beat the Australian side. The Wallabies, on the other hand, scored tries via Hooper, Folau, Rodda, Pocock, and two from Haylett-Petty. Foley was clinical with the boot. He added another penalty to ensure victory for the Aussies.
Scotland vs Argentina Rugby 2018 Autumn Internationals Game Score Predictions
These two sides have met in 17 test matches with the Scots winning eight times. On the other hand, Argentina has won nine times with no match ever ending in a draw. The most recent meeting was in the Summer of 2018 with the Scots outplaying the Argies by 44 points to 15. The BT Murrayfield is a favorite for the Scots and they will most likely emerge as victors.
Predictions: Scotland 37-28 Argentina
Read More News
- lospumas.com.ar: The Pumas today, can beat any team in the world
- scottishrugby.org: Autumn Tests 2018
- rugbystream.net: Wales vs Scotland Rugby Clash Open Autumn Internationals 2018
- rugbyworld.com: Autumn Internationals Scotland v Fiji Preview
- theinnonthemile.co.uk: AUTUMN TESTS 2018