The Six Nations Championship, one of the most anticipated rugby tournament every year, brings us Ireland vs England in an incredible clash on February 2. The matches between these two nations are always a thrilling experience but unlike last year, now both teams are in prime forms and this match will be almost impossible to predict. But yet we here try to figure out Ireland vs England Six Nations 2019 Rugby predictions for round one game as well as detect that who will be the winner of this Saturday matchup.
Ireland vs England Six Nations 2019 Rugby Predictions
Our predictions for this match are leaning towards a win for Rugby team of Ireland. England is definitely stepping up their game but Ireland has absolutely shown that they are currently the strongest European team and their form in the last year and more has been marvelous.
Sexton is in his prime form and could make the difference in any game. Our expectations are for a third consecutive win for Ireland over England which could also be played with a handicap, as a solid difference is highly possible as well. So, we can predict the score like Ireland 25-17 England.
England v Ireland Rugby 6 Nations Fixtures 2019, Kickoff Times, TV Guide
The two Brits face-off will be held at Ireland’s soil in the third game of 6 Nations Fixtures 2019. This two contestant will also fight for securing the Millennium trophy. Since 1989 England Red and Whites have managed to gain this trophy for 18 times and Ireland rugby team 13 times. Before See below the TV schedule of this game.
- Teams: England at Ireland Rugby
- Kickoff: 16:45 GMT
- Date: Saturday, 02nd of February
- Venue: Aviva Stadium, Lansdowne Road, Dublin, Ireland
- Referee: Jérôme Garcès (France)
- Assistant Referees: Romain Poite (France), Federico Anselmi (Argentina)
- Television Match Official (TMO): Glenn Newman (New Zealand)
- TV: ITV, BBC, Sky Sports, S4C
- Live Stream: Rugbystream.net
Ireland vs England Rugby Head to Head
Ireland and England rugby union team have played a total of 133 head to head matches since 1875 and the statistics are heavily in the favor of England. The IRFU has lost a total of 76 matches, they have won 49 and 8 ended at a draw. However, Ireland won the last two meetings in 2016 and 2017.
Key Players to Watch
The key players for the round one game of Ireland vs England Six Nations 2019 Rugby are as follows.
- Irish Rugby: Ireland has a pearl in their team – Jonathan Sexton. He won the World Rugby Player of the Year award in 2018. His role is a fly-half and his team is Leinster Rugby. Being considered as one of the top players that ever lived, he is definitely Ireland’s key player and the one to keep your eyes on!
- England (RFU) Rugby: Sam Underhill, the great English flanker will miss out the game due to ankle surgery. With him gone, the key player to watch should definitely be Owen Farrell. The 24-years old fly-half can consider as one of the best players in the world in recent years and you should definitely keep an eye on him during any game!
Both Sides Previous Match Stats
Prior to Ireland vs England Six Nations 2019 Rugby, both teams played their last International matches in November 2018 and both won them. England face Australia, one of the other great rugby nations and won with 37-18.
Ireland played against the USA and also won and with a solid difference 57-14. I think that we should definitely mention their last matches against New Zealand as well
How was Irish Rugby 6 Nations 2018?
Ireland was simply outstanding in the last season won all 5 matches with gathering 160 points and won the title as well. They managed a massive win against Italy by 56-19 in round two.
England (RFU) Rugby 2018 Six Nations
England Red and Whites performed badly in the last season managed only two wins with 102 points. They defeated the Italy Azzurri 46-15 in the round one game was their noteworthy win of the last season.
Ireland is the current champion from 2018. This team has grown a lot in the last few years. This young team will most certainly aim for the defense of that title. But will they succeed to keep the winning consistency or England can create an obstacle? We will see it in the game day!!
Read More News
- rugbystream.net: 2019 England Rugby Fixtures TV Guide
- sixnationsrugby.com: Schmidt Instilling Confidence The Key To Ireland Success
- rugbystream.net: Irish Rugby Fixtures 2019 TV Guide
- six-nations-guide.co.uk: Ireland v England Six Nations Guide