The Scotish side will welcome Fiji for one of the autumn tests and they will be looking to assess their ability ahead of the rugby WC. Likewise, Fiji will be looking to build good momentum as they take part in the final autumn tests before participating in next year’s tournament. Scotland Rugby will want to set the record straight when they face teams that have been beating them in the recent past, such as Wales. Having beaten Scotland in last year’s Nov Tests, Fiji will be looking to replicate their match-winning display as they look to lay the final stones ahead of the WC that’s scheduled for later next year. Now here we will provide Scotland vs Fiji Rugby 2018 Autumn Test Preview as well as score Prediction.
Fiji at Scottish Rugby Autumn Internationals 2018 Game Schedule, Kickoff Time, Where to Watch
Having beaten Scotland in last year’s Nov Tests, Fiji will be looking to replicate their match-winning display as they look to lay the final stones ahead of the WC that’s scheduled for later next year. Let’s check out the 2nd weekend of November test’s schedule between these two teams.
- What: Scotland vs Fiji Rugby 2018 Autumn Test
- Kickoff: 14:30 GMT
- When: Saturday, 10th of November 2018
- Where: BT Murrayfield, Edinburgh, Scotland
- Where to Watch: BBC 1, Sky Sports, BT Sport
- Referee: Andrew Brace (Ireland)
- Assistant Referees: Luke Pearce (England), Karl Dickson (England)
- Television Match Official (TMO): Ben Skeen (New Zealand)
Scottish Rugby Previous Match
In their Previous match, the Scots were rampant against the Argies and finished as 44-15 winners. They scored six tries via Horne (2), Kinghorn, Mclnally, Bradbury, and Fife. Horne was near perfect with the boot as he converted four tries and two penalties to ensure that Scotland were comfortable winners.
What happened in Fiji Rugby Last Match?
In their Previous match, Fiji Rugby lost 23-20 to Ireland in a highly contested matchup. Fiji had to fight back into the game after Sweetnam, Kearney, and Conan had scored early tries for Ireland. Seniloli and Nagusa scored tries for Fiji while Volavola scored two penalties and two conversions as Fiji tried to overturn the tables against world number 2. However, they weren’t enough as Fiji lost by a 3 points margin.
Line-Up for Scotland vs Fiji Rugby 2018 Autumn Test
- Scottish Rugby: The Scotland Rugby Squad comprises a total of 40 players with three fresh faces earning maiden call-ups. Sam Skinner, B. Thomson, and S. Johnson will get a chance to make an international debut in the upcoming autumn internationals.
Forwards: A. Allan, S. Berghan, M. Bradbury, F. Brown, A. Dell, D. Denton, M. Fagerson, R. Ford, G. Gilchrist, J. Gray, R. Harley, M. McCallum, S. Mclnally, W. Nel, G. Reid, J. Ritchie, S. Skinner, B. Thomson, B. Toolis, G. Turner, H. Watson, and R. Wilson
Backs: A. Dunbar, D. Fife, C. Harris, A. Hastings, G. Horne, P. Horne, S. Johnson, H. Jones, L. Jones, B. Kinghorn, G. Laidlaw, S. Maitland, B. McGuigan, A. Price, H. Pyrgos, F. Russell, M. Scott, and T. Seymour.
- Fiji Rugby:
Forward: C. Ma’afu, J. Veitayaki, E. Mawi, R. V. Vugakoto, M. Dolokoto, S. Matavesi, K. Tawake, M. Saulo, R. Rinakama, L. Nakarawa, T. Cavubati, A. Tuisue, D. Waqaniburoto, P. Yato, M. Voka, V. Mata, and Nemani Nagusa.
Backs: F. Lomani, H. Seniloli, B. Volavola, A. Veitokani, E. V. Narusama, J. Vatubua, S. Radradra, E. Sau, V. Goneva, J. Tuisova, S. Tuicuvu, K. Murimurivalu, M. Talebula.
Both Sides Key Players
Key veterans of Scotland vs Fiji Rugby 2018 Autumn Test are as follows.
- Fiji: Veteran wingers Semi Radradra and Josua Tuisova will spearhead the Fiji side in this year’s Autumn tests. They will be key against Scotland away from home and will need to be at their brilliant best if they are to get a result in this matchup. The duo will be worth watching how they handle the pressure that comes from being stars.
- Scottish: Scotland Rugby is buoyed by the class and character that has been shown by Adam Hastings so far. The Playmaker has been creating and scoring tries at will and in sublime fashion. This player is the full package and he will be worth watching in the autumn tests, especially when they play against Fiji.
Scotland vs Fiji Rugby 2018 Autumn Test Preview and Score Prediction
The two sides have met six times with Scotland winning four as compared to Fiji’s two wins. The latest encounter was the final game of last year’s November tests where Fiji emerged victorious with 27 points to 22. Scotland has won five out of six previous games with their only loss coming against Ireland. Meanwhile, Fiji has only won two out of the past six games, against Italy & Japan. Given the better h2h record and the home advantage, Scotland will have an edge over Fiji and will be final winners. So, the predicted score will be Scotland 30 – 23 Fiji.
Read More Related With This