Ireland will play the mighty New Zealand All Blacks in an Autumn Classic in Dublin on the November 17th, 2018. This match is highly anticipated as the top two sides test their squads ahead of the Rugby World Cup later next year. English Referee Wayne Barnes will oversee this world-class duel that will be the 31st kickoff for both sides. Being a match of a very high caliber, managers for both sides are expected to field strong sides as this game offers the best they can get in their overall preparations. Here we discuss Ireland vs New Zealand Rugby 2018 Autumn Internationals Week 3 Game Score Predictions.
All Blacks at Irish Rugby Autumn Internationals Week 3 Game Schedule, Kickoff Time, Where To Watch Live Free
These two sides have met 30 times before this test with the Kiwis winning 28 times. The hosts have only won once with the other match ending in a draw. Let’s have a look at the schedule.
- What: Ireland vs New Zealand Rugby 2018 Autumn Internationals Week 3 Game
- When: Saturday, 17th of November 2018
- Where: Aviva Stadium, Dublin, Ireland
- Kickoff: 19:00 GMT
- Referee: Wayne Barnes (England)
- Assistant Referees: Mathieu Raynal (France), Marius Mitrea (Italy)
- Television Match Official (TMO): Rowan Kitt (England)
- Where To Watch: Channel 4 and RTÉ
Irish Rugby Last Game Before Autumn Test
In their most recent game, the Ireland Rugby proved to be stronger than the Wallabies as they edged them with 20 points to 16. This game saw both side score only one try a piece but the Irish were more clinical with the kicks. Marika Koroibete scored for the Aussies which Foley converted, while CJ Stander scored a try for the Irish national side. However, Sexton put 5 penalties over for 15 points to ensure that the hosts won it at the final whistle.
All Blacks Rugby Previous Game (32-30)
In the last match before the autumn internationals, the Kiwis had to dig deep to avoid losing to the South Africa Rugby twice in a row. The Boks the first off the mark but the Kiwis mounted a serious fightback in the second half to tilt the match in their favor. The Boks scored 3 tries via Kolbe, Kriel, and de Allende while the Kiwis responded via Loane, Smith, Barea, Savea to ensure NZ were eventual 32-30 winners.
Player Replacements of Ireland vs New Zealand Rugby 2018 Autumn Internationals
- Ireland: Schmidt left out his best players for the Italy game with one eye on this one. Having sat out the Italy game in the USA, several key players return to the squad to feature in this game. They include captain and vice-captain Best and Sexton respectively. Also returning to the squad include P O’Mahony, R. Kearney, and K. Earls. These group of players will be key in this game as Ireland try to replicate their Chicago heroics over NZ.
- All Blacks: A good number of key players make a return to the Kiwis’ lineup after being sidelined due to injury. They include D. Coles, N. Laulala, J. Moody, B. Retallick, and L. Squire. The All Blacks have also been joined by a fresh face in the form of D. Papalii while M. Todd is recalled in place of the injured Frizell and Taufua.
Ireland vs New Zealand Rugby 2018 Autumn Internationals Game Score Predictions
In the most recent meeting, the Kiwis beat the Irish side 9-21 at the very Aviva stadium. These game saw the All blacks cross the line three times and duly converted all of them while the Irish side’s only alterations to the scoreboard coming via penalties. Jackson put two penalties over while Sexton added another for Ireland. On the other hand, Fekitoa scored two tries while Barrett scored another in addition to three conversions to win the game for the Kiwis. This is more than a test match as it provides each team with the chance to determine its capability with the WC just around the corner. However, the All Blacks are clear favorites, as always, for this match.
Prediction: Ireland 16-25 New Zealand.
Read More News
- sportsjoe.ie: Ireland to play New Zealand in 2018
- rugbystream.net: Ireland vs New Zealand Rugby Preview_RugbyStream
- allblacks.com: AllBlacks may be foxing
- rugbystream.net: Ireland Face off Italy at Rugby Weekend in Chicago